Most sane people keep their newborns at home for the first months of life. Not us... We didn't have a home to keep him in.
 |
| This was it. |
We spent a lot of time in the car. Enjoy lots of carseat pictures!
 |
| Four monkeys. |
Heidi found things to do, though. Peekaboo...
Stickers...
Playing with her brother...
We had quite the adventure. Stayed the night in the New Orleans in Las Vegas, went to San Diego for Bryan's little sister's wedding, then Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco, then the Redwood Forest, the Oregon Coast, and then to Bryan's parents house in Spokane. Lots of fun!
 |
| A princess and a king in front of a castle? |
Valerie got married on Michael's birthday. Most of the day was about Valerie, so that night we had a party for him! At which, Peter got more presents than Mike. Sorry, Mike.
 |
| Do you love the little giraffe with the tie? Peter will... |
 |
No presents for Heidi. Good thing her monkey was there for her.
(Just kidding. There were presents for her too. ) |
 |
| Shopping for breakfast. |
 |
| Smelling flowers with Grandpa. Do you love Heidi's smelling face? |
 |
| A family of four! |
Here is attempt #1 at a family picture. Wind blown hair; harsh, random shadows; squirming Heidi- kind of symbolic of what adding another child to the family has felt like to me. It's a lot of work, and sometimes someone has to wait to get what they want. (Including me.) Sometimes that someone is crying while they wait for what they want. (Including me.) (JK.) (Usually.)
 |
| Forgive Heidi for not looking, there were sea lions down there. |
 |
| We ate at Joe's! |
 |
| The man likes his crab. |
I was a sad Holly. I got mastitis on the trip... so I had to call my (old) doctor, get diagnosed, call my dad, have him find a pharmacy between San Diego and San Francisco, call my doctor again, give them the address of the pharmacy to have them call it in, find the pharmacy, and buy the prescription. So I caused quite the detour on the trip. We did finally get to San Francisco, though.
 |
| And I did finally get some drugs. |
 |
| Did Heidi get some drugs too? |
 |
| That's a big tree. |
 |
| And a cute little girl. |
 |
| Oops. |
 |
| Who else can say they nursed in the Redwood forest? |
 |
| May I apologize to future Heidi when she's showing this picture to her fiance... I was in no state to dress her well or comb her hair. |
 |
| And Peter was dressed in girl clothes. :) |
 |
| As lazy and nasty as I felt, Bryan was still so kind and loving. And handsome. |