With that said, look at my pictures!
Aunt Judy helped me sew some skirts! Here's one of them. It was awesome. We had a lot of fun in fabric stores and just sitting and sewing all day.
Funny thing, in one of the fabric stores, there was a pile of "man magazines" next to a chair. Apparently this was where you put your husband when you are shopping for fabric.
On Aunt Judy's fridge is a Pickles comic. The husband is telling a friend that he wants to be cremated and sprinkled in a fabric store so maybe his wife will come visit him. Ha ha.
In-and-Out Burger! There's my cousin Kristy's two kids, Chase and Madison. :) They were fun.
Another family gathering. It really was impressive how often these people saw each other. Like several times a week.
There's Madison again on the right, and my cousin Teri-Ann's twins, Charity and Chelsea. Sorry, friends, I can't tell who is whom right now. Mom gave all the kids suckers, and they shared theirs with their grandma. It was adorable.
One of those hotel dinners. It was extremely makeshift, but fun because it was.
Did you know oranges are green before they are orange. And blueberries are red before they are blue. There's something profound about this, but I don't know what it is.
If you drive to Arizona, you go through Indian reservations. They really are quite depressing. Their land is- not the most fruitful land, it looks like, and a lot of them live very far apart from everyone else. Are they happy?
I worry about their culture. To an anthropologist, death of a culture is the worst thing that can happen. And I was almost an anthropologist, so it still makes me sad.
Let me know if you have any deep wisdom concerning this.
My first-ever sight of a cactus . (In recent memory.) It was so cool!
This is the view from Aunt Judy's porch. Not bad?
This is either Mesa or Phoenix. It was so cool! There are cacti in the middle of town!!! I don't know what else I expected from Arizona, but it wasn't that.
These last four were taken in Utah. Pretty, eh?