First of all, we need to have a chat. See, some of you comment on my blog. Many of you don't. And I say, no more of that! I want to hear from you! This isn't one of those, shut up, sit down, and listen to me, and then go away without having said anything. Um kay, punkin? Alright. I am glad we talked.
My camera's batteries are dead. Again. So it's in time out, until however long I feel that the batteries should have lasted.
Anyway, that is not one of the victories I will tell you about.
This is: I was opening a can of tomato sauce tonight, and it fell off the can opener AND I CAUGHT IT! Victory.
I went grocery shopping today, on my bike, and it actually worked out okay. I felt very independent.
I had two servings of vegetables today at dinner! Maybe even three. Victory.
I bought a plant today.
I got a practice room! There are about 50 practice rooms in the music building on campus, and... we could use a few more. But I found one open! Victory.
And I practiced for an hour. I haven't practiced for an hour for over a month, what with vacation and then stinking because I hadn't practiced all vacation.
A friend called me the other day, and offered me a trumpet spot in her brass quintet. Heck yes! I was in a quintet over the summer, and it was the best musical experience of my life. Even more than private lessons, even more than a bigger ensemble, even more than marching band for two weeks freshman year in high school.
But that is off topic. I told her I'd do it, because judging by my audition, I didn't make it into band. Which leads me to my next victory.
I MADE IT INTO SYMPHONIC BAND!!! Somehow. I don't know how. The day after auditions was the first day of rehearsals, from 1-3. At about 2, I am sitting waiting for this free performance to start, and I decide to check the audition results sheet just to be sure I didn't make it in.
I had to go to band without my trumpet, an hour late. It was awesome. I am sure I made a great impression on the director...
So, all y'all in Provo need to come to at least one of my concerts.